Retailers have begun to receive notice that Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment plans to release the 2008 horror flick Shutter on Blu-ray Disc, day-and-date with DVD on July 15.
Shutter on Blu-ray will be the unrated version that will contain new footage along with an alternate ending. The original theatrical cut is PG-13. Other supplemental features are planned and will be released by Fox after an official announcement is made.
You can expect Shutter to be presented in widescreen 1080p video and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Shutter on Blu-ray will carry an SRP of $39.98.
This US remake of the Thai original comes to Region 1 DVD in Rated (86mins) and Unrated (89mins) editions. Retail is $29.98 SRP each. Features are detailed below…
Rated Edition – Widescreen and Full Screen presentations are included on this double-sided disc with English DD5.1 Surround, French and Spanish Dolby Surround audio and English and Spanish subtitles. Extras include “A Ghost in the Lens” and “A History of Spirit Photography” featurettes.
* 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
* English DD5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround
* French and Spanish Dolby Surround
* English and Spanish subtitles
* Commentary with Production Executive Alex Sundell, Screenwriter Luke Dawson and actress Rachael Taylor
* A Cultural Divide Featurette
* The Director: Masayuki Ochiai Featurette
* A Conversation With Luke Dawson Featurette
* Create Your Own Phantom Photo Featurette
* The Hunt For The Haunt: Tools And Tips For Ghost Hunting Featurette
* A Ghost in the Lens Featurette
* A History of Spirit Photography Featurette
* Nine Deleted Scenes
* Alternate Ending: Mental Hospital
* An Exclusive First Look At The Horror Film Mirrors Starring Kiefer Sutherland